Saturday 16 April 2016

What Nicci Carrera is Thinking Right Now #Contemporary #Romance


Hello Louise, and thank you for having me on your blog today!

My topic is brain dump. This is what is on my mind today. I find myself in the interesting position of being around small children more than I have in my life. I am a step parent, and my children came to me at the ages of 12 and 15.

Luckily for me one of them has had a child, and I have had the privilege of getting to know her over the 22 months of her life. She is a delight and keeps me on my toes.

We also have friends who have a grandson with whom my husband and I are close. In fact we do Google “Hangouts” to bridge the distance as we do not see him often enough.

He is seven now, and I have found that he likes to be read to, as this is one of the few things that works well with video. Sock puppets are good too, as it turns out. But reading is easier.

I tried several different books, but he only likes The House at Pooh Corner, and he mostly only likes the parts about the bees.

We just weren’t getting enough of what he wanted, so this is how I’ve come to write a kind of fan fiction! I am writing a story about the Adventures of Christopher Robin tailored specifically for my little friend, and I am having a blast!

I just finished my third installment. I am supposed to be working on a book, of course, and I am working on that book, but I am also taking time every day to write another installment in the story. I have found it wonderful because I can overwrite as much as I want, great long sentences filled with funny Philosophy, and capitalized Important words. It is wonderful.

 

BLURB:

Super student Cara Cruz made it all the way through her prestigious MBA program only to choke on the last final. Ordered by her advisor to take the summer off and clear her head, she’s home in Lobster Cove for some fun before retaking the exam. If she fails a second time, she will lose her dream job offer in Chicago. Meanwhile her best friend happens to be her ex-boyfriend’s mom, which means close contact with the man who broke her heart. Twice. This time she’ll protect her heart no matter the cost.

Ex-major-league baseball pitcher Jason Ward blew his money, his elbow, and his love life. Now at home taking care of his mom and working on a new life plan, he wants Cara back, but he already struck out, didn’t he? Maybe not, and now his mission is to win her back without telling her the truth about why he really came home.

Winning at love will be the only play that counts.

About Lobster Cove


Lobster Cove is a fictional small town on the coast of Maine, near Bar Harbor. It is quaint and quirky with a colorful history, a friendly population of charming residents, and a vibrant tourist business. It is home to research scientists and small shop owners, grumpy cops and sassy chefs. Back in the day, it was a bustling fishing town and home to many immigrants, from both the state cabins and the lowest decks.

 

BIO

Nicci started writing the first novel she would finish in 2001. Working as much as she could around the demands of a job, but with the support of a wonderful family, she finished that first book in six years. It has never been published. Many workshops and books later, she has two books out with the Wild Rose Press. She writes full time now, and is grateful every day for getting to write fiction and her blog. Her favorite character from literature is Sherlock Holmes because he is so logical. She loves to read and thinks great books are ones you can lose yourself in, thinking about it all day long until falling back into it at night (and on lunch breaks). When her work-in-progress is going well, she drinks organic unsweetened almond milk, and when it isn’t, she mainlines chocolate. She likes to write stories based in drama-amped reality that are a bit funny and modern.

LINKS







No comments:

Post a Comment